The ECA stack is combination of ephedrine hydrochloride, caffeine and aspirin found in many diet pills for sale online. Each of these components alone can have an effect on weight loss, but they produce an increased effect when taken in combination. Studies show that using an ECA Stack can result in 80% more weight loss than with using pure ephedrine HCL on its own. Sometimes, people who cannot tolerate aspirin in the ECA stack will eliminate aspirin and take only the E and C. You can either buy an ECA Stack supplement with all of the ingredients already mixed together or purchase the components independently to make your own stack with a personalized dosage and ratio.
How an ECA Stack Works
Each of the components of the ECA Stack has a different effect:
• Ephedrine boosts the level of the hormone noradrenaline and stimulates the adrenergic receptor system. Noradrenaline in turn stimulates the attention controlling centers of brain, increases the heart rate, stimulates the release of glucose from cells and improves blood circulation to muscles. By increasing the supply of oxygen to brain cells, it also increases the activity of brain.
• Caffeine suppresses the activity of the hormone adrenaline that normally diminishes the activity of norepinephrine, acetylcholine and dopamine. Thus, caffeine increases the concentration of these substances in the blood and boosts their activity. By increasing the activity of noradrenaline it indirectly amplifies the effects shown by ephedrine.
• Aspirin serves as a blood thinner and causes increased circulation which makes it easier for fat to be released from the cells and burned. It also helps to block a hormone that can prevent the full effectiveness of ephedrine.
What are the Benefits of an ECA stack?
The ECA stack supplement combination is found to offer a wide range of benefits for those looking to burn fat and cut weight. The combination may be simple and affordable, but it is well known for for its ability to promote weight loss. It does this in the three following ways:
1. The Thermogenic effect: Taking ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin together causes the body to produce more heat through a process known as thermogenesis. As one’s body temperature increases, more calories are burned through the thermogenic effect. This also causes an increase in the resting metabolic rate of the body, meaning you burn more calories even when you are not active.
2. Burns Fat and Protects Muscle: The ECA Stack helps burns fat deposited in various parts of the body without causing any loss of muscle mass. Because the effects of ECA are spread out over a long period of the day as opposed to in short spikes, more calories from fat are burned than otherwise. This means you will see a reduction in fat in those stubborn areas like around your thighs and waistline
3. Increases Athletic Performance: Many Athletes use ECA Stacks as part of their training. By improving the circulation and oxygenation of the blood, athletes and even moderate exercisers will notice an increased energy level. This can contribute to improved overall health and fitness of the body.
Possible Side Effects of Using an ECA Stack
1. By over stimulating the central nervous system and brain activity, ephedrine hcl may result in psychological effects such as nervousness, jitters, and restlessness.
2. By increasing levels of norepinephrine in the body, it can put additional strain on the heart that may in extreme cases result in heart attack, coma or death.
In some people, small dosage of these drugs together or on their own can result in these side effects. You should never use an ECA Stack or take Ephedrine without proper guidance from a physician.
Due to reports of side effects connected with the consumption of ephedra, drugs containing ephedrine are not legal in all countries. The ECA stack can be purchased legally in Canada if the product contains less than 8mg of ephedrine hydrochloride (ephedrine HCL) per dose. In the United States ephedrine is legal and some containing products are available over the counter. However, varied dosage restrictions and maximum purchasing limits exist in different states of USA.
- Haller CA, Jacob P 3rd, Benowitz NL. Enhanced stimulant and metabolic effects of combined ephedrine and caffeine. Clin Pharmacol Ther. (2004)
- The thermogenic properties of ephedrine/methylxanthine mixtures: animal studies
- Hackman RM, et al. Multinutrient supplement containing ephedra and caffeine causes weight loss and improves metabolic risk factors in obese women: a randomized controlled trial. Int J Obes (Lond). (2006)